- The Gateway's Grand Hall at the Union Pacific Depot will provide the perfect venue for your special event, wedding reception or corporate gathering.
This renovated and restored Depot is an important part of Utah's history, serving as one of the outstanding architectural structures in Utah. The Union Pacific Depot serves as the Grand Entrance to The Gateway, Salt Lake City's gathering place for the city's finest shopping, dining and entertainment.
Replacing the historic Rail Yards on the West side of the Depot, is the Olympic Legacy Plaza, home to the Olympic Wall of Honor and the dancing waters of the Olympic Snowflake Fountain.
Construction commenced on the Union Pacific Depot on February 9, 1908, and was completed by July 1909.
Known then as the Union Passenger Station, the facility provided joint depot services for the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City Railroad and the Oregon Short Line Railroad. The depot served as Salt Lake City's railroad transportation center into the 1970s.
A traditional space with classic tile flooring along with rich architectural detail makes the Grand Hall at Union Pacific Depot the perfect venue for your most special occasion.
- Rentals include tables and chairs to seat 400 and up to 25 parking validations.
- Additional validations can be purchased for $1.50.
When renting the building for your special event, you must use a fully insured catering company. The following are our preferred caterers.*
- Brown Brothers Catering: 801-607-1891: www.brownbrotherscatering.com
- Cosmopolitan Catering: 801.455.4989: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cosmopolitan-Catering/112247605470611
- Culinary Crafts: 801.355.6575: www.culinarycrafts.com
- The Depot event and bar service: 801.355.5522: www.depotslc.com/private-functions
- Elizabeth's Catering: 801.359.7184: www.elizabethscatering.com/
- Good Day Catering: 801.532.7829: www.gooddaycatering.com
- Have Party Will Travel: 801.269.8400: www.havepartywilltravel.com
- Le Croissant: 801.466.2537: www.lecroissantcatering.com
- Main Event Catering: 801-664-0700: www.maineventutah.com
- Premier event and bar service: 801.598.4444: www.premiercorpevents.com
- Utah Food Services: 801.531.0226: www.utahfoodservices.com
*Subject to change at any time.
For elementary schools interested in using the Grand Hall for a space to have lunch after a field trip here at The Gateway, please call 801.456.2000.